MOBILITI Mobile Banking
SAFETY TIPS FOR SMART PHONES
• Password-protect your phone - make sure it is a strong password that is not similar or associated with other personal information.
• Install security software and make sure to download any security software updates.
• Be aware of what you are doing on your phone - double check URLs for accuracy, do not open suspicious links, and make sure a site is secure (https) before giving any billing or personal information.
• Read the small print before installing any app - and be aware of applications that enable geo-location.
• Install a "phone finder" app - this will help you find your phone if it becomes lost or stolen.
• Enroll in a backup/wiping program - these services are available through your phone's manufacturer or through your wireless provider.
• Limit your activities while using public Wi-Fi. Public Wi-Fi hotspots are targeted by hackers since they can give the hacker direct access to your mobile device. Using your 3G network provider connection is more secure than using a public Wi-Fi connection.
• Use the same precautions on your mobile phone as you would on your computer when using the internet.
SAFETY TIPS FOR MOBILE BANKING
• Invest in an antivirus application for your mobile device to help protect you when downloading apps or mobile content.
• Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you're dealing directly with NBOH.
• Never share your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don't save this information anywhere on your phone.
• Never set the app, web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
• Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
• Remember, NBOH would never contact or text message you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
• Immediately tell your mobile operator and NBOH if you lose your phone.
Online Security Information
NBOH wants to ensure the online protection of your personal and Account information.
• NBOH will NOT ask you to submit personal
or Account information via e-mail.
• For your protection, any e-mail sent from
NBOH, including service e-mails or e-mail
alerts will require that you successfully login
to our secure website at www.nboh.com
before entering any personal information.
Please do not click on any links contained in e-mails - we will always direct you to our website.
• If you ever receive an e-mail appearing
from NBOH that asks for personal information
such as your Account Number or Social
Security Number, do NOT respond to the
e-mail. Please notify us immediately at
419-898-5741 or toll free at 877-311-8517.
E-Mail and Internet
Related Fraudulent Schemes
The number one rule...DON'T RESPOND! Call
or contact NBOH and let us know of the unusual e-mail.